Questions about controls seem to come up a lot, so I'll try to clarify as to how our stuff works.

Vanguard has a keybind interface that allows you to customize your controls as you wish. Every action can be assigned up to two different keys, so for example you can have two "Move Forward" keys.

By default, the left mouse button rotates the camera, while the right mouse button rotates the camera and the character. Holding both moves you forward. WSAD and arrow movement both work by default, with Q and E as strafe keys, Numpad9 and Numpad3 as look up and down, etc. Basically we've tried to take the common stuff from other games to make it easier to start playing Vanguard without having to mess with the controls.

I've also added a number of options that seem to be in decent demand: Modal Chat (default: on), Invert Mouse (default: off), whether pressing Enter while running turns on autorun (default: off), the ability to change your keyboard turning speed, a few camera options, etc.

Everyone has different tastes when it comes to how they like to control their character, so the goal here is to make it easy for everyone to get in game playing how they want to play with minimal time spent in the Settings window. Besides, I'd hate for anyone to not play Vanguard because they're unable to get comfortable with the controls.

This board tends to blaze by faster than I can keep up with, so if you have any questions or special requests, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Weiterlesen...